QuaranClean

In the first weeks of sheltering in place I decided it was time to clean my bedroom but sometimes the task zapped my energy causing me to stop which gets me nowhere. It is a vicious cycle, I tell ya! A short backstory: The past year or so I have utilized YouTube for "meditation videos." They are soft, relaxing music matched to peaceful and beautiful nature videos/photos; they have done a lot of good in my self-care life. So, being my usual silly self I grabbed my Xfinity remote control and said, "Cleaning Motivation Videos on YouTube." 

Did you know that there are actual videos of people cleaning their houses? The video is sped up so the cleaning process goes much quicker than in real time but it is "a thing!" I saw a few different videos and then ended up on the YouTube account: This Crazy Life ran by a woman named Amanda. I loved how visually appealing her home was, the music she used as video of her cleaning played, and her before and after footage. It was honestly inspiring to the point where I started cleaning up my own space while her videos played. I literally cleaned for hours and hours the first day I came across her channel.
One of my biggest takeaways from Amanda's videos was being introduced to a new cleaning product. It's Baking Soda Cream Cleaner by Mrs Meyer's. It smells wonderful and really polishes the kitchen sink well. The kitchen does not feel complete until I have done this step. My fragrance of choice was Lemon Verbena because I love lemons (as you will soon find out) and Lemon Verbena reminds me of Little House on the Prairie so I had to buy it. I am weird, I know.  

Have you done any QuaranCleaning since we have been sheltering in place? Any closet projects? Working in the garage? Paint projects? Decluttering? Gardening? 

I have done a few little projects; nothing too big as I do not want to have a bunch donations boxes piling up everywhere. I have bought containers for all of my baking ingredients that hold big bags of flour and sugar. I am getting closer to having a pantry like my grandparents and I am so excited. Then I emptied out a lot of the pantry stuff that was just old, reorganized it, bought cereal storage containers. What else? Oh! We also rearranged where we store things in the kitchen cabinets! So, while it flows a little better I am thoroughly confused now when I am baking because everything is in a new spot. We also cleared out a hallway bookshelf that is holding our food storage and surplus items. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 Years

Welcome to Accio Joy!